There are plenty of opportunities for you to serve here at Spry Church. Take a look below at the many areas through which you could use your talents and gifts.
*SSC=School St Campus, PGC=Pine Grove Campus*
Where might God be calling you?
Children - SPLASH Kids Ministry:
- As our children’s ministry continues to grow we love to see more people get involved by serving! Rediscover through the eyes of children the view of Jesus by serving our next generation of Jesus’ followers! If you would like more information or are interested in joining the team for any of our worship times, we will ill find a place for you! There are also other areas to serve in our children’s ministry if you prefer to serve behind the scenes! All teachers and helpers follow a rotation schedule of serving about every 6 weeks.
Nursery care Volunteers assist our Nursery Coordinator and provide safe, and nurturing care to the infants in the nursery 0-2, while at our church during all morning services at both campuses.
SPLASH Kids Church SSC: 9am 9:45am & 11am. PGC: 8:30am & 10:30am
Sunday School SSC: 10:10-11:00am PGC: 9:30am
Kids Clubs 2nd and 4th Sundays each month Sept thru May, 2-4pm
Youth - UPRISING Student Ministry:
Contact: Becca@SpryChurch.com (both campuses)
- If you are interested in the future of the church, this is the place to volunteer. Let us know what your skills, interests, and availability is and we will find a place for you! Volunteer weekly, monthly, or whenever you can.
PGC: 9:30 am in Youth Room
SSC: 10:10 am in the Lagoon Room (upstairs and on the back left)
Student Youth Group
Wednesdays: 7 - 8:30pm at Pine Grove Campus (for both campuses)
Student Leadership Team Student servant leaders who lead in various capacities and learn through study and experience what it means to be a Christian leader.
Adult Chaperones and Drivers (Trips and Events, as needed)
The Link Community Youth Center:
- We are always in need of people during events but also before for set up, etc and after for clean up. Let us know what you are interested and able to do and we will find a place for you!
Open Hours Volunteers Open Hours vary depending on time of year. Volunteers serve based on their availability
Event Chaperones Sign up to volunteer for one or several events based on your interest and availability.
Class Teachers and Assistants
After School Programs
Rebekah Ganley (PGC Traditional & Contemporary)
Choir We welcome new members to our choir any time of year! Weekly rehearsal Sept thru June on Thursdays at 6:15 pm in the Sanctuary.
Bell Choir We welcome new members to our Glory Bells any time of year! Weekly rehearsals Sept thru June on Thursday, 7:30 pm in Choir Room.
Instruments (Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys, Strings, etc.) Whether you want to play as part of our worship team or as a guest, we have opportunities for all of our worship times.
Vocalists Whether you want to sing as part of our worship team or as a guest vocalist. We have opportunities for all of our worship times.
Media Technology Maybe you are interested but the sound board or the slide show programs look intimidating? No worries, training is available for all those interested. These positions are so important to creating an atmosphere of worship during the service and we are looking to add people to our teams who want to help out and learn a new skill. Join our rotation schedule for the service you attend.
Creative Team Join our team to help imagine, design, and create a holistic worship experience. This includes Room design, Stage and Lighting, Art, Visual Expressions, and more! If you are creative with an eye for design, we have a place for you on our team!
- Communion Preparer A behind-the-scenes ministry, prepares for Holy Communion for our worship services on the first Sunday of each month by preparing and setting up the altar areas with the communion elements. Begin with a short training session and a commitment to your designated Sunday. Join our rotation to serve as little as one month a year.
- Communion Server At the end of service on the first Sunday of the month, join our Pastor in offering communion to our congregation. Serve as little as one month a year or more often.
- Ushers/Offering handout bulletins and collect offering at the service of your choice. Sign up based on your availability.
- Scripture Reading Sign up based on your availability
Greeters (Inside or Outside) Be a welcoming face and voice of our church. Volunteer based on your availability.
Parking Help newcomers find a spot in a busy parking lot, direct vehicles to other lots, assist those in need to parking spots near the entrance. Be the first friendly face a person when they visit our church. Volunteer based on your availability. Safety vests provided.
Coffee Hour is a time of fellowship for our congregation. Join this important ministry in a capacity that best fits your availability: Set Up, Clean Up, Donut Pickup. Join a rotation of every 4-6 weeks.
Meal Preparations Join a skilled team of volunteers who love to cook or serve food during our many special events. Volunteer for events that fit your availability. We provide training and direction as needed.
Partner with Servants (Home Helps) A local ministry designed to provide maintenance and repairs to homes of people who, for whatever reason, are unable to do the work themselves, or are not able to pay professionals to do the work for them.
Short-term service in developing countries Join a team of volunteers for our next mission trip to New Life Children’s Home in Villa Nova, Guatemala.
Community Outreach Events We have many opportunities to serve our community through local organizations and schools.
Visitation (Homebound or Hospital) Join a team of volunteers who faithfully visit those who are in the hospital, have suffered a loss and are grieving, are homebound, etc. Visit people to listen and give spiritual uplifting, bring meals, and administer communion to those who cannot make it to church. Provide compassion and empathy for those who are hurting (both physically and emotionally) and offer support to people in times of crisis. Do you have a heart of compassion and empathy? We provide training and support to those who feel the calling to this special calling.
Office Support Help out with data base entry and other office duties based on your schedule, skills, and interest.
Maintenance & improvement of facilities & grounds Volunteer based on your schedule, skills, and interest.
We take the safety and security of our people and our guests very seriously.
To volunteer in any ministry where you will be working with children or youth in any capacity you must complete the state mandated Background Checks. The following links will provide you with all the information you need and the necessary forms to complete. If you have any questions or need help completing these steps, please feel free to contact the church office 717-741-1429.