There are plenty of opportunities for you to serve here at Spry Church. Take a look below at the many areas through which you could use your talents and gifts.
*SSC=School St Campus, PGC=Pine Grove Campus*
Where might God be calling you?
Contact: Emily Dietrich
- At Spry Church, we partner with families in raising children WHO LOVE AND TRUST JESUS, ARE TRANSFORMED BY WALKING WITH HIM DAILY, AND CAN SHARE THE HOPE OF CHRIST WITH OTHERS. How do we do this? A web of caring adults invest in the lives of children and make an eternal impact!
- If you would like more information or are interested in joining the team for any of our worship times (9:00 and 10:45), we will find a place for you. There are many areas to serve: leading small groups, assistants, and nursery care for children ages 0-2.
- Students are not only "the church of tomorrow", but they are a vital and beloved part of the church today. At Spry Church, we invite students to LOVE JESUS by surrounding them with a community who points them to the unconditional love that Jesus has for them. We give students opporutinies to BE TRANSFORMED by the Holy Spirit through acts of service, roles in church leadership, and meaningful relationships. We equip students to DECLARE HOPE to all people beginning here and now with the uniqiue roles, friends, and school God calls each student to every day.
- If you believe God is calling you to walk alongside students in their journey of faith, reach out to Becca White to learn more about current opportunities and where you can best use your gifts to serve God in Student Ministry.
Student Ministry Teams:
- Student Leadership Team: Volunteer opportunity for students in 9th-12th grade who want to take an additional step towards maturity of faith. Roles include student representatives on our church council, small group leadership, game & activity leadership, worship team, and more.
- Adult Volunteer Team: This team provides regular support of weekly Student Ministry events including mall groups and/or Wednesday night Youth Group. Roles include teaching, small group facilitation, hospitality, activity leadership, meal coordination, and more.
- Adult Chaperones and Drivers: This team provides support and supervision for single events including service opportunities, weekend retreats and more.
- Prayer Team: This team provides prayer support not only for the ministry, but for individual students and families during times of specific need including back to school, graduation, confirmation class, and more.
Contact: Austin White (SSC Contemporary)
Laurie Snyder (SSC Traditional)
Rebekah Ganley (PGC)
Choir We welcome new members to our choir any time of year! Weekly rehearsal Sept thru June on Thursdays at 6:15 pm in the Sanctuary.
Bell Choir We welcome new members to our Glory Bells any time of year! Weekly rehearsals Sept thru June on Thursday, 7:30 pm in Choir Room.
Instruments (Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys, Strings, etc.) Whether you want to play as part of our worship team or as a guest, we have opportunities for all of our worship times.
Vocalists Whether you want to sing as part of our worship team or as a guest vocalist. We have opportunities for all of our worship times.
Media Technology Maybe you are interested but the sound board or the slide show programs look intimidating? No worries, training is available for all those interested. These positions are so important to creating an atmosphere of worship during the service and we are looking to add people to our teams who want to help out and learn a new skill. Join our rotation schedule for the service you attend.
Creative Team Join our team to help imagine, design, and create a holistic worship experience. This includes Room design, Stage and Lighting, Art, Visual Expressions, and more! If you are creative with an eye for design, we have a place for you on our team!
- Communion Preparer A behind-the-scenes ministry, prepares for Holy Communion for our worship services on the first Sunday of each month by preparing and setting up the altar areas with the communion elements. Begin with a short training session and a commitment to your designated Sunday. Join our rotation to serve as little as one month a year.
- Communion Server At the end of service on the first Sunday of the month, join our Pastor in offering communion to our congregation. Serve as little as one month a year or more often.
- Ushers/Offering handout bulletins and collect offering at the service of your choice. Sign up based on your availability.
- Scripture Reading Sign up based on your availability
Greeters (Inside or Outside) Be a welcoming face and voice of our church. Volunteer based on your availability.
Parking Help newcomers find a spot in a busy parking lot, direct vehicles to other lots, assist those in need to parking spots near the entrance. Be the first friendly face a person when they visit our church. Volunteer based on your availability. Safety vests provided.
Connection Time is a time of fellowship for our congregation.
Partner with Servants (Home Helps) A local ministry designed to provide maintenance and repairs to homes of people who, for whatever reason, are unable to do the work themselves, or are not able to pay professionals to do the work for them.
Short-term service in developing countries Join a team of volunteers for our next mission trip to New Life Children’s Home in Villa Nova, Guatemala.
Community Outreach Events We have many opportunities to serve our community through local organizations and schools.
Visitation (Homebound or Hospital) Join a team of volunteers who faithfully visit those who are in the hospital, have suffered a loss and are grieving, are homebound, etc. Visit people to listen and give spiritual uplifting, bring meals, and administer communion to those who cannot make it to church. Provide compassion and empathy for those who are hurting (both physically and emotionally) and offer support to people in times of crisis. Do you have a heart of compassion and empathy? We provide training and support to those who feel the calling to this special calling.
Maintenance & improvement of facilities & grounds Volunteer based on your schedule, skills, and interest.
We take the safety and security of our people and our guests very seriously.
To serve in any ministry where you will be working with children or youth in any capacity, volunteers must complete background checks and comply with the Spry Church Safe Sanctuaries policy. To receive more information on completing the necessary steps needed to volunteer with children and youth, please contact: Emily Dietrich or Becca White.