Spry Church is currently accepting candidates for a Children’s Ministry Director for our Pine Grove Campus in York, PA. Come Pursue Jesus with Us!
Director of Children’s Ministry Job Objective
The primary purpose of the Director of Children’s Ministry position is to give oversight to the ministry for children infant through sixth grade and their families. The Director of Children’s Ministry will develop, create, and implement children’s ministries where the children and families of Spry Church are mentored, trained, and taught to “come pursue Jesus with us” and to “make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.” This is a Full Time, Exempt position reporting to the Lead Pastor of Spry Church; evenings and weekends are required.
Director of Children’s Ministry Duties and Responsibilities
- Give vision and administrative oversight to all aspects of the ministry to children and their families.
- Initiate and oversee a strategy to assist with the spiritual formation in the lives of those under his leadership.
- Recruit, equip, encourage, and develop a team of children’s ministry volunteers to serve effectively.
- Coordinate appropriate staffing needs for designated areas of children’s ministry in cooperation with the ministry leaders.
- Planning and execution of weekly ministries (SPLASH Kids, Sunday School, etc.) and yearly events (VBS, Trunk or Treat, etc.)
- Coordinate communication between the various children’s ministries.
- Ensure that all child protection procedures and protocols including screening, background checks, etc. are completed, maintained, and kept current under Safe Sanctuaries guidelines.
- Coordinate curriculum for each segment of the Children’s Ministry.
- Take adequate time for Bible study and prayer.
- Keep informed in his or her area of ministry and continue to develop his or her skills.
- Partner with the Campus Pastor to equip, encourage and empower parents as the mentors of their children, and to provide continuity throughout Spry Church’s ministry to families.
- Counseling as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Director of Children’s Ministry Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Should also have training/education in childhood development. Training in Bible or theology valued, but not required.
- 3+ years’ experience in children’s ministry preferred.
- Must be a mature, growing disciple of Jesus Christ who demonstrates His character in his or her relationships with people and whose life and behavior gives evidence of the fruit of the Spirit as outlined in Gal. 5:22-26.
- Must have experience in teaching, training and equipping leadership, volunteer staff and children.
- Should have the ability to teach and communicate clearly to groups.
- Must demonstrate a servant’s attitude and have a spirit of cooperation and be a team player.
- Should be spiritually gifted in leadership and administration with capable interpersonal skills.
- Must have a commitment to valuing and promoting both children and their families.
- Must be in full agreement with Spry Church’s doctrinal and constitutional statements and be committed to Spry Church’s core mission to “make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world”
Director of Children’s Ministry Work Environment
- Regularly required to remain seated in a normal position for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand for long periods of time
- Regularly required to move about
- Regularly required to climb stairs and/or ladders
- Regularly required to maintain balance while walking, standing, crouching, or running
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Occasionally required to reach up and out with hands and arms
- Regularly required to talk and hear; verbally express information or instructions
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp objects, type, pick up objects, move objects, or hold objects
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds and carry a distance of 10 feet
- Occasionally required to push and/or pull up to 25 pounds a distance of 10 feet
If you would like to download this job description, click here.