Ken Loyer: Lead Pastor
Ken is a husband, father, and pastor. He and his wife Molly have two young children, Annie and Zeke. A native of York County and an avid sports fan, Ken has degrees from Messiah College and Duke Divinity School as well as a Ph.D. in theology from Southern Methodist University. He has written two books, including most recently Holy Communion: Celebrating God with Us. One of his greatest joys is seeing God continue to do wonderful things at Spry Church, a congregation that is experiencing remarkable growth and blessing as we follow Jesus together.
- Favorite movie: Hoosiers
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: A sporting event, a good book, and time with family
- Favorite Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 15:58
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His depth of love for each one of us
- Contact Ken: Ken@SpryChurch.com
Luke Harbaugh: Pastor, Pine Grove Campus
Luke is a York County native and former middle-school teacher in the Dallastown Area School District. Before working at Spry Church, he served as the Church Representative at HOPE International in Lancaster. Luke and his wife Becky were married in 2018, and he holds an M.Div from Duke University Divinity School and a bachelor's from Millersville University. He is an avid golfer and passionate fan of the Duke Blue Devils and Minnesota Vikings.
- Favorite Movie: The Empire Strikes Back
- Idea of a Perfect Day: Golf with my dad at Pebble Beach
- Favorite Bible Verse: Revelation 12:10-11
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His boldness
- Contact Luke: Luke@SpryChurch.com
Scott McKenzie: Generosity Pastor
Scott grew up in the mid-west and moved to York, Pa at the age of 14 where the 2 most important events of his life occurred: He was called into ministry at Christ United Methodist in Jacobus and he met the love of his live Joni in youth group. Scott has worked in generosity and stewardship for over 25 years and is the author and co-author of 4 books. He loves all things outdoors: fishing, golfing, running, biking and camping in their RV with Joni and their dog Maggie. Scott and Joni are the proud parents of Brian who lives in the DC area and Jason who lives in State College.
- Favorite Movie: The Mask of Zorro
- Idea of a Perfect Day: Sitting on the 50 yard line beneath the Golden Dome watching Notre Dame beat Penn State
- Favorite Bible Verse: Colossians 4:2
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His compassionate truth-telling
- Contact Scott: ScottM@SpryChurch.com
Scott Schreckengast: Director of Discipleship
Scott is a native of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania. He earned a Bachelors of Science Degree in General Science Secondary Education from Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania in 1987. He moved to York County in August of 1987 to begin his teaching career for the Red Lion Area School District. He taught 7th Grade Science at the Red Lion Area Junior High School for 33 years. A fun fact is that Scott had Ken Loyer, our Lead Pastor, as a student in his Science Class. Now a retired Science Teacher, Scott has joined the Spry Church Leadership Team and is working to become a Licensed Local Pastor in the United Methodist Church. He currently lives with his wife, Michelle, and his two college aged sons, Ryan and Sean. Scott's Faith and Family are the two most important things in his life. He is an avid "gym rat" and loves to exercise during his spare time and is also a long time, passionate Philadelphia Phillies and Eagles fan!
- Favorite Movie: Crimson Tide
- My idea of a perfect day: attending a sporting event and spending time with my family and friends.
- Favorite Bible verse: Proverbs 3:5-6
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: his Compassion
- Contact Scott: Scott@SpryChurch.com
Linda Reid: Director of Congregational Care
Linda is a long time resident of York County. She is the mother of two sons, Scott, 32, Timothy, 28. and daughter in law Stephanie, 29. She also is the grandmother to Genevieve, 2 1/2 yrs old and Grant, 1 yr old.
Linda earned a Bachelor of Science degree from United Wesleyan College. In 2014, she graduated from Evangelical Theological Seminary with a Master of Divinity degree.
She is excited and challenged in her role as Director of Congregational Care. And she looks forward to getting to know the congregation better.
Linda enjoys reading, going to concerts, and exploring new places in York. Her favorite thing to do is to listen to someone's story.
- Favorite Movie: Inside Out
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: Surrounded by my children and playing with my grandchildren
- Favorite Bible Verse: Acts 17:28
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His perfect love for others
- Contact Linda: Linda@SpryChurch.com
Laurie Snyder: Director of Traditional Worship and Children's Ministries, School St. Campus
Laurie has been a long time member of Spry Church for over 30 years. She lives in York with her husband Nelson and they have one daughter Brittany. In addition to her love of music, she enjoys reading, going to the beach, gardening and shopping.
- Favorite Movie: O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: Sunny summer day on the beach with a book
- Favorite Bible Verse: Philippians 4:13
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His patience
- Contact Laurie: Laurie@SpryChurch.com
Alyce Gunter: Assistant Director of Children's Ministries, Pine Grove Campus
Alyce lives with her amazing husband, Dan, and their four awesome children, Danny, Julie, Lizzie, and Jason. She has a BS in Mathematics and a minor in music from Penn State. She has been working with children for as long as she can remember. Her experiences include babysitting, Sunday School and VBS teacher, summer camp counselor at Camp Penn, youth leader, Girl Scout leader, teacher, and CASA. She enjoys reading, experiencing new things (places, food, people, games, activities), and loving on her family.
- Favorite Movie: Little Mermaid
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: book, hammock, light breeze
- Favorite Bible Verse: Micah 6:8
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: Love & Forgiveness
- Contact Alyce: Alyce@SpryChurch.com
Chris Kenna: Pastor of Contemporary Worship and Student Ministries, School St. Campus
Chris moved to York from West Chester, PA in 2015 with his wife Bronwyn and his three children Sydnie, Elijah, and Jackson. He is a graduate of Liberty University and has degrees in Biblical and Theological Studies and Christian Counseling. He is currently pursuing his MDiv at Liberty Univerity. He has been a leader in Worship and Student Ministries for over 15 years with experience in Church Planting, Growth, and Multiplicaiton Strategies. He enjoys kayaking, coffee, reading, camping, travel, music, movies and sleep.
- Favorite Movie: Gladiator
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: The beach with my family
- Favorite Bible Verse: John 3:30
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His compassion
- Contact Chris: Chris@sprychurch.com
Rebekah Ganley: Assistant Director of Worship, Pine Grove Campus
Rebekah and her husband, Scott, reside in York with their two boys, Luke and Jonathan. She holds degrees from Grove City College and Loyola University – Maryland and works part-time as a psychologist for Pennsylvania Counseling Services in downtown York. Rebekah enjoys singing and playing the piano, spending time with family and friends, and baking allergy-friendly desserts. She enjoys helping Luke and Jonathan to learn new things and loves taking them to Dutch Wonderland, Cousler Park, and other places where they can explore and experience new things. Music has been a part of Rebekah’s life for as long as she can remember, and she enjoys using music to help others experience God’s presence through worship.
- Favorite movie: Legally Blonde
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: A massage and pedicure at a spa followed by dinner at the Melting Pot with my husband
- Favorite Bible Verse: Isaiah 43:1-2
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His concern for the whole person
- Contact Rebekah: Rebekah@SpryChurch.com
Lois Oberdick: Organist, Pine Grove Campus
Lois is married to Frank for 63 years. They have 4 adult children, 6 grandchildren, & 6 great-grandchildren. Loise enjoys music and doing puzzles. She also likes to read.
- Favorite movie: Sound of Music
- My idea of a perfect day: spending time with my family
- Favorite Bible verse: Romans 8:28
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His forgiveness & love for everyone
- Contact Loise: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bronwyn Kenna: The Link Community Youth Center Manager; Cleaning Professional, School St. Campus
Bronwyn is a Montgomery County native. She and her husband Chris have 3 children; Sydnie, Elijah, and Jackson. Bronwyn has a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, from West Chester University, with concentrations in Teaching Reading and Studio Arts. She stayed in West Chester after graduating where she met her husband, Chris. During this time she taught first grade in Montgomery County, held the position of Children's Ministry Director at her local church, and also worked with her husband in Youth Ministry. Bronwyn is very passionate about children and youth. She also enjoys creating art, collecting retro video games, and anything Disney!
- Favorite Movie: The Labyrinth
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: Beautiful weather and exploring somewhere new with my family.
- Favorite Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 4:12
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His infinite love for us
- Contact Bronwyn: Bronwyn@SpryChurch.com
Teresa Alva: Director of Communications
Teresa received a BA in Graphic Design from The School of Visual Arts in NYC. She worked in NYC as a Designer, Art Director, and Project Manager for Avon, Maybelline, and other corporate companies. She now runs her own Design and Communication business.
Teresa enjoyed her time in NYC but is happy to be back in her hometown of York with her husband Allan, daughter Alia, and son Aidan.
Teresa cherishes her role as Mother and loves spending time with her family. She loves salsa dancing with her Peruvian husband and visiting her husband’s country of Peru.
- Favorite Movie: Save the Last Dance
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: A hike and picnic with my family
- Favorite Bible Verse: Ephesians 6:13-17
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His unwavering commitment to His goals and destiny
- Contact Teresa: Teresa@sprychurch.com
Shawn Gilgore: Video Producer
Born and raised here in York, my wife Meghan and I both went to Dallastown, and we met in 6th grade! We reconnected as adults, and got married on New Year's Eve of 2016. Elisa (you might know her as Ellie) is our daughter, she just turned two years old in May, and she's growing up so fast! I am a videographer for REMAX, the real estate company, in Lancaster, and Meghan is a Spanish teacher at St. Joseph in East York. We also have two cats, Zap and Manchego (he's named after a Spanish cheese). We've been part of Spry since 2017, and are looking forward to where we go together building that community that's 'Alive in Jesus'!
- Favorite movie: Apollo 13
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: Watching Ellie do something new! (Like strawberry picking or her first time at Hersheypark)
- Favorite Bible Verse: Ephesians 4:32
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: Humility
- Contact Shawn: Shawn@SpryChurch.com
Jen Schwinn: Office Manager, School St. Campus
Born and raised in Baltimore, Jen moved to York in 2009. She is mom to 3 children, Jolee, Jake, and Jaycee who is now in Heaven. Jen enjoys adventures of all sorts, spending time outdoors, camping with her family in their travel trailer and reading a good book.
- Favorite movie: Happy Feet
- My idea of a perfect day: A warm, sunny day in the park with my family and dogs, a picnic blanket and some good food!
- Favorite Bible Verse: John 3:16
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His unconditional, unwavering love for us
- Contact Jen: Office@SpryChurch.com
Christine Garrett: Administrative Assistant, Pine Grove Campus
Longtime resident of Hanover, Pa. Wife of Dave for 15 years and counting on many more! I have 3 children, Kayla 32, Brandon 30, & Alisha 28. A son-in-law Walt and a daughter-in-law Heather. Nana to two grandsons, Owen 11yrs old, Ollie 2 1/2 yrs. old, and 2 granddaughters, Bailey 1 1/2 yrs. old and Taylor 3 months old whom are the Love and Joy of my Life!
I love to do crafts, making cards, playing games, and fellowshipping with friends/family. I have a heart of compassion for others. We and our son’s family attend Emerge Hanover Foursquare Church, where I love serving in the nursery.
- Favorite movie: Fireproof
- My idea of a perfect day: Spending time with my grandchildren!
- Favorite Bible Verse: Psalm 118:14 & 17
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His Love, Grace & Mercy for us!
- Contact Christine: OfficePG@SpryChurch.com
Tracey Glace: Cleaning Professional, Pine Grove Campus
I was born and raised in York. My husband Scott and I were married in February of 1991. We reside in the York New Salem area with our daughter Trista, son Tanner, and feline siblings Milo and Mavis. We enjoy traveling, camping, music, and spending time together.