Ken Loyer: Lead Pastor
Ken is a husband, father, and pastor. He and his wife Molly have two young children, Annie and Zeke. A native of York County and an avid sports fan, Ken has degrees from Messiah College and Duke Divinity School as well as a Ph.D. in theology from Southern Methodist University. He has written two books, including most recently Holy Communion: Celebrating God with Us. One of his greatest joys is seeing God continue to do wonderful things at Spry Church, a congregation that is experiencing remarkable growth and blessing as we follow Jesus together.
- Favorite movie: Hoosiers
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: A sporting event, a good book, and time with family
- Favorite Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 15:58
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His depth of love for each one of us
- Contact Ken: Ken@sprychurch.com
Luke Harbaugh: Minister of Discipleship and Outreach
Luke is a York County native and former middle-school teacher in the Dallastown Area School District. Along with his work at Spry Church, he also serves as the Church and Community Liaison at HOPE International in Lancaster, Pa., a mission organization investing in the dreams of families living in poverty. Luke holds an M.Div from Duke Divinity School and a bachelor's from Millersville University. He is an avid golfer and passionate fan of the Duke Blue Devils and Minnesota Vikings.
- Favorite Movie: The Empire Strikes Back
- Idea of a Perfect Day: Golf with my dad at Pebble Beach
- Favorite Bible Verse: Revelation 12:10-11
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His boldness
- Contact Luke: Luke@sprychurch.com
Linda Reid: Director of Congregational Care
Linda is a long time resident of York County. She is the mother of two sons, Scott, 32, Timothy, 28. and daughter in law Stephanie, 29. She also is the grandmother to Genevieve, 2 1/2 yrs old and Grant, 1 yr old.
Linda earned a Bachelor of Science degree from United Wesleyan College. In 2014, she graduated from Evangelical Theological Seminary with a Master of Divinity degree.
She is excited and challenged in her role as Director of Congregational Care. And she looks forward to getting to know the congregation better.
Linda enjoys reading, going to concerts, and exploring new places in York. Her favorite thing to do is to listen to someone's story.
- Favorite Movie: Inside Out
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: Surrounded by my children and playing with my grandchildren
- Favorite Bible Verse: Acts 17:28
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His perfect love for others
- Contact Linda: Linda@sprychurch.com
Laurie Snyder: Director of Traditional Worship and Children's Ministries
Laurie has been a long time member of Spry Church for over 30 years. She lives in York with her husband Nelson and they have one daughter Brittany. In addition to her love of music, she enjoys reading, going to the beach, gardening and shopping.
- Favorite Movie: O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: Sunny summer day on the beach with a book
- Favorite Bible Verse: Philippians 4:13
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His patience
- Contact Laurie: Laurie@sprychurch.com
Chris Kenna: Pastor of Contemporary Worship and Student Ministries
Chris moved to York from West Chester, PA in 2015 with his wife Bronwyn and his three children Sydnie, Elijah, and Jackson. He is a graduate of Liberty University and has degrees in Biblical and Theological Studies and Christian Counseling and has been a leader in Worship and Student Ministries for over 15 years. He enjoys kayaking, coffee, reading, camping, travel, music, movies and sleep.
- Favorite Movie: Gladiator
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: The beach with my family
- Favorite Bible Verse: John 3:30
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His compassion
- Contact Chris: Chris@sprychurch.com
Bronwyn Kenna: Community Youth Center Manager
Bronwyn is a Montgomery County native. She and her husband Chris have 3 children; Sydnie, Elijah, and Jackson. Bronwyn has a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, from West Chester University, with concentrations in Teaching Reading and Studio Arts. She stayed in West Chester after graduating where she met her husband, Chris. During this time she taught first grade in Montgomery County, held the position of Children's Ministry Director at her local church, and also worked with her husband in Youth Ministry. Bronwyn is very passionate about children and youth. She also enjoys creating art, collecting retro video games, and anything Disney!
- Favorite Movie: The Labyrinth
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: Beautiful weather and exploring somewhere new with my family.
- Favorite Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 4:12
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His infinite love for us
- Contact Bronwyn: Bronwyn@sprychurch.com
Teresa Alva: Director of Communications
Teresa received a BA in Graphic Design from The School of Visual Arts in NYC. She worked in NYC as a Designer, Art Director, and Project Manager for Avon, Maybelline, and other corporate companies. She now runs her own Design and Communication business.
Teresa enjoyed her time in NYC but is happy to be back in her hometown of York with her husband Allan, daughter Alia, and son Aidan.
Teresa cherishes her role as Mother and loves spending time with her family. She loves salsa dancing with her Peruvian husband and visiting her husband’s country of Peru.
- Favorite Movie: Save the Last Dance
- My Idea of a Perfect Day: A hike and picnic with my family
- Favorite Bible Verse: Ephesians 6:13-17
- Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His unwavering commitment to His goals and destiny
- Contact Teresa: Teresa@sprychurch.com
Jen Schwinn: Office Manager
Born and raised in Baltimore, Jen moved to York in 2009. She is mom to 3 children, Jolee, Jake, and Jaycee who is now in Heaven. Jen enjoys adventures of all sorts, spending time outdoors, camping with her family in their travel trailer and reading a good book.
Favorite movie: Happy Feet
My idea of a perfect day: A warm, sunny day in the park with my family and dogs, a picnic blanket and some good food!
Favorite Bible Verse: John 3:16
Favorite Characteristic of Jesus: His unconditional, unwavering love for us
Contact Jen: Office@sprychurch.com