Jesus says, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:37-40)
Love Your Neighbor is our response to the COVID-19 crisis. In partnership with LifePath Christian Ministries in York, The W.E.L.L. (West End Local Link), and other organizations and people in our community, we are expanding our Food Pantry and we have launched an Essential Supplies Bank to get provisions to those most in need. We also have volunteer teams to keep in phone contact with isolated people, send cards of encouragement, and assist with emergency errands. We’re working together to play our part in helping the most isolated and vulnerable in our community at this time.
At the foundation of all we do is prayer. We believe prayer can transform our lives and communities for God’s glory and our good. We’d love to pray for you. To submit a prayer request, email prayer@SpryChurch.com (please indicate if your request is confidential and confidentiality will be respected).
- Food is available to be picked up each Thursday morning from 10:30-11:30am as well as on the second Monday of the month from 6-7pm. Please place an order each week (see instructions below under “How can I get help?”).
- Donations of any non-perishable food items are gladly accepted, and can be dropped off at the church in the bin by the lot 2 entrance 24/7
Essential Supplies Bank
- Supplies are collected and distributed to those in need through community partners
- For a list of requested supplies, click here (note: this list is updated weekly to reflect greatest current needs in our community)
- Call Team (phone calls for encouragement and prayer requests)
- Card Team (cards of encouragement)
- Delivery Team (practical support to those unable to go out—for example, delivering food or medicines from local pharmacies)
How can I help?
Please sign up to help – we’d love as many people to get involved as possible! Sign up here.
If volunteering is not feasible, please consider donating to this ministry. Click here to give.
How can I get help?
To sign up for the Food Pantry, contact the church office: Office@SpryChurch.com or 717-741-1429
To receive a phone call or card, email us at LoveYourNeighbor@SpryChurch.
To receive supplies, email us at LoveYourNeighbor@SpryChurch.
* * Everything that happens through Spry Church is only possible
because of your generosity. Thank you so much for your support.* *